Monday 5 June 2017

It's all gone a bit wobbly.

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

As you may have noticed, it has been very quiet on here for a couple of weeks. That is because, quite frankly, I didn't have anything to write about and have been travelling a bit.

The weekend before last, Me and my missus travelled back to Oxfordshire for a long weekend with our daughter and also met up with our son while we were there. It was a very pleasant weekend but was accompanied by the usual mix of limited sleep and lots of driving so it was a mixed blessing. It was lovely to see our brood again so it was well worth the trip... even though my cat, Sam, was traumatised by his stay at the cattery (they were very nice there but he was not happy). Gratuitous Sam picture:


Click the Pic!

After the trip, I managed to find some time to start work in the spare bedroom which consisted of removing a curtain pole, extracting the remains of far too many raw plugs from the wall, filling holes and then being too tired for ladder work so I still need to sand down, fit the reinforcing woodwork and then attach the curtain pole. I need to have the room cleared and prepared because we will be having a guest staying with us for a while soon. Luckily, the afternoon was a lovely sunny one so I spent it re-staining the shed. I still have to do a second coat but weather has stopped play on that. Apart from the usual chores, that is about it on the house front... apart from being in the process of arranging for the bathroom to be replaced.

On the hobby front, I have done practically nothing for two weeks. All I have really done is start painting the Demiurg (which only have the fabric roughly base-coated) and finish the fourth (kneeling) Halfling Sniper. Here's where the snipers are, at the moment:


Click the Pic!

The picture represents the culmination of a bit of 'back and forth' on a forum about them 'being all the same'. I hope that it is clear that they are not the same.

So... I popped into Truro on Saturday and happened to walk into the Warhammer store. They happened to have an open box of the new version of WH40k and I happened to look inside it and happened to really like the Primaris Marines. The Nurgel miniatures were also very well made and detailed but... Nurgle doesn't work for me so I had a bit of a conundrum. I don't game, don't like Nurgle and don't have a huge amount of space... so instead of pre-ordering the game, I have pre-ordered some of the marines on EBay. These ones, specifically:




Click the Pix!

I reckon that these will make a nice little patrol and will likely get painted in proper military colours with a bit of camouflage. I will need to think properly about how I go about painting them because they are single-pose miniatures with some voids that will be difficult to reach if they are fully assembled, prior to painting... so it could be tricky (as I found out when I started painting my Demiurg... WHY did I fully assemble them... WHY!?).

Well... that's about it for now. Hopefully, the blog posts will get back to normal this Sunday.

See you from stasis!

No comments: