Sunday 17 April 2016

Salute weekend.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World on the day after Salute 2016.

What can I say about the show? Nothing... apart from I am both glad and saddened that I didn't go this year.

This week has been very quiet and I haven't really been very much of a hobbyist. I received another box of Ghar suits from EBay and a storage case from Kaiser Rushforth... meaning that I had some storage space to fill so a bit more sorting got done and a bunch of miniatures got packed away.

Whilst rummaging around, I found a few things that I have put on the painting table as 'quick wins' so I have been tinkering with those... but there is nothing to show off yet.

In other news, on Friday My wife and I went to the Sergeant's Mess for a Spring ball and enjoyed the event. Lots of good food, good music, great company and fabulous dancing daaahling! Saturday was a little slow to get going... as you may imagine.

So... Salute. Why didn't I go? To keep it simple:
  • I was still a little jaded after the Spring ball.
  • It costs a lot of money to just get into the show (including travel).
  • I wasn't working for anyone so probably wouldn't have stayed too long.
  • I didn't have anything specific to go and see.
  • I am thinning down and knew that I would buy stuff I didn't really want/need.
  • I couldn't be bothered to deal with the train mess in London.
As a result, it would seem that last year is my last Salute for some time (maybe ever).

The good news is that, from what I have heard from various people who went, it was a profitable show and they did pretty well.

I would have liked to have gone and met all the people I know and offer my support but it just wasn't to be this year.

Yesterday, I was on my own while my wife went to see a football match with my son so I watched 'Dredd' for the first time instead. I quite enjoyed it and thought that Lena Headey played a really gool baddie. Judge Anderson was cool too and Dredd... well he was Dredd (which compared to Stallone's version was MUCH better and quite true to the written character). If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest you do but be prepared for quite a lot of gory violence. In the meantime, you could do a lot worse than watch this nice little fan film:



That's it for today.

See you from behind the wire!

No comments: