Sunday 10 April 2016

A week of getting grounded.

Hello again.

I've just got back from a lovely stroll around Henley with my wife and am sitting with a cuppa so it seemed the perfect time to update Inso's World. Here's the river Thames over at Henley:


Click the Pic!

It was nice just to get out and about in some fairly decent weather. Yesterday, we went to Farmoor Reservoir, near Oxford and unfortunately, didn't get to enjoy the visit as much as we had hoped due to freezing rain and howling winds... but we hadn't been there before and will go there again, once the weather is a bit better. On the plus side, there were a lot of birds over there (including Grebes and Cormorants) so apart from it being a bit of a 'recce', we also got to see something worth seeing.

I really think that sometimes, you need to 'ground' yourself and that is what has happened this week. I have taken a deep breath and managed to land a bit.

Anyway... the hobby. This week has been fairly quiet on the hobby front but I have managed to get this far with the first of the Ghar battlesuits:


Click the Pic!

I am not sure whether they are finished yet... I need to decide if I am going to add any markings or not... but from a general standpoint, they are finished and I am now cracking on with the second set of three:


Click the Pic!

These will get one of the finished ones as a leader and be the first complete little squad. I have already ordered another set; just like the ones above so they should be here at some point this week which will motivate me to get these ones finished before I start assembling the new ones.

One of the major things that has been happening with my hobby lately is tidying. I have been through all of my stored bits and bobs and have sorted them into keeps, discards and sales. I have managed to sort all of the stuff that was stored upstairs into 4 boxes of keeps. Now I have to sell what has been dug out and then I will start on the bare-metal miniatures I have. As a result of all this 'consolidation', I am starting to feel much happier about the hobby situation again so I can only imagine how much better I will feel when I have completely finished the streamlining.

As a result of the tidying, I have anothe couple of things going up on EBay at 16:00hrs today (just three lots) so if you are in the UK, have a look:


I think that, once I start getting rid of the lead mountain, the anvil will be cast away from my neck and I can start focusing on what I want to rather than being constantly reminded of all of the clutter I have built up.

Now... some people might be recoiling in horror when I mention selling hobby stuff but rest assured, I am keeping lots of it too and will be continuing with my hobby projects just like before... it's just that I will be doing it from a more relaxed place that isn't dictated to by 'TOO MUCH STUFF!!!'

I think everything will turn out just fine in the end.

See you from the rescue centre!

3 comments:

Lord Siwoc said...

To get grounded and remembering to take a good deep breath...Is really good!
We often pack ourself into a box, sometimes we need to step out and have a look around.

Inso said...

Aye :)

The trouble is, it's only once we take steps to ground ourselves, we realise just what a tiny box we'd been stuck in for so long :)

Phil Curran said...

A bit profound for me. How ever I can admit to having way too much stuff in the loft to paint.