Saturday 20 February 2016

An early post.

Hello again! Yes, I know it's not Sunday but I will be busy tomorrow so I thought I'd post today.

This week has been interesting. My insomnia has blown my mind and I had to resort to a sleeping tablet... but one of the things that insomnia is good for is feeding the idea stream and it made me look further towards transports... which led me to buy a load of wheels... and some beams and axles and some of them arrived... and turned into these:


Click the Pic!

As you can see from the picture, I have brought shame on myself by using ACTUAL Lego components for a conversion (or five). You will also notice that I am still waiting for 8 wheels to arrive from Ebay. The idea is that these wheeled chassis units will be grafted to vehicles reminiscent of the Khurasan Lion Attack Transports that were shown last week. As I may have mentioned, I don't want to directly copy them but these vehicles will be heavily inspired by them.

In other hobby news, the Squat Sgt got some paint:


Click the Pic!

... and five members of her squad got started:


Click the Pic!

You will notice that, unlike the Sgt, the girls have the start of sculpted arms. I tried to use the plastic arms but they just looked rubbish on the troops with rifles so I have been forced to sculpt my own again. It's a shame... but I could see no other way of doing it.

Finally... I am spending a few days away on a course so that is why I am writing my blog post today.

See you from the dock of the bay; watching the tide rollin' in!

2 comments:

Zerstoren said...

Sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

supervike said...

Looking forward to seeing these vehicles progress!