Sunday 6 December 2015

The start of the next phase.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World... especially new traveller; supervike. I hope you enjoy your journey through Inso's World and share your thoughts along the way.

This week has been one of getting the paints out and making some colour choices for the Squat army.

I am using paints that I haven't tried before so some of the colours were not what I was expecting and some of them were not properly mixed so were a bit more gloss than they should have been (that's why it is good to try out the paints on spare miniatures prior to the job at hand). That said, I think I have covered the bases that I needed to so I will show you what I have come up with:


Click the Pic!

As you can see from the picture, I have got a range of colours and have more or less decided what I like, however, I am interested to hear your thoughts. 

The things that are set are the colours for the boots/gloves, the belts/straps and the layout of the colours. I am open to changing the flak armour/fatigue colours between the choices. The blue dot is where the army markings will go so isn't part of the scheme and was just put there as a 'random' colour.

You may notice that there are no weapons on these. The weapons and helmets will be the same colour and are likely to be a dark green.

On the subject of helmets, I am planning to paint the 'visors' the same colour as the helmets (a bit like pilot's helmets) and use them for unit markings and rank. I view them as covers for a drop down visor, rather than the actual visor. The reason I haven't practiced on a helmet is that they are precious and I don't have any spare.

So... there you have it. The painting has started (even though I haven't finished sculpting the command squad yet). I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

See you from the paint station!

3 comments:

Stephen said...

woohoo, painted toys!

supervike said...

Thanks for the nice welcome!! I don't know why it took me so long to find this blog, but I'm sure glad I did. Excellent and such an enjoyable read.

Da Masta Cheef said...

I'm sure you have a few spare Grymn helmets to practice on...