Sunday 30 August 2015

There once was a man from Nantucket...

Welcome to this week's blog and I'm afraid I have nothing that much to share with you.

From a hobby perspective, I have been painting little bits on the driver figure and have also been working on the gunners for the heavy weapons in the second platoon. but apart from that, not a lot.

I think the main thing about this week is that I have finally landed from the Falklands and have shaken off my, dare I say it, abject lack of motivation for anything... so that means that my head is straight and I can now start planning and clearing things, ready for the big push to freedom next year.

One thing that I plan in the future is to work on my retirement project which involves lots of converting and casting of 1/60 scale VOTOMs mechs. It will be just for me but it is something I have been collecting towards for ages. Unfortunately, one of my favourite mechs is the Diving Beetle and I have been unable to find a 1/60 scale, plastic kit for them (only a die-cast version which is no good for my needs). Fortunately, I have been able to gather most of what I want and yesterday, this one turned up:


Click the Pic!

It will be very useful because it is a Scopedog so I have more flexibility when it comes to chopping them up (the more I have, the more mistakes I can get away with) and also, there are the back-pack and other weapons that can be messed about with and added to other mechs too.

One day, my army will be complete and I will rule the world (in 1/60 scale) MWA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!

See you from my evil lair!

3 comments:

SilenzZzz said...

very interesting, i have never seen or heard of these before till you posted ...

Inso said...

They are long out of production but I am a massive fan of the VOTOMs mechs, I have a bunch of the 1/35th scale ones in my Grymn Tunnelfighter army and have a nice collection of 1/60 ones, ready for my retirement project to start :)

SilenzZzz said...

they have an awesome look to them :) i may have to keep an eye out for them from time to time.