Sunday 23 August 2015

A single minded post.

Hello again.

This week has been a productive one. I seem to have shaken off my lack of enthusiasm for everything and managed to acheive a few things (mostly home/work related) but most importantly of all, I have finished my secret project.

It has taken a good few weeks to do but I have finished a commission that I took on, not long after returning from the Falklands. Basically, it was to put together a squad of Squats in the same style as the ones I am building for myself... something I knew I would actually be able to finish because I was already sculpting my own and was enjoying it.

So... without further ado, here is the finished project:

Firstly, here are all the troops:


Click the Pic!

Secondly, here are Gunner and Larry with a relay trolley so that Gunner can control aerial drones as well as ground based ones:


Click the Pic!

Thirdly, we have the whole unit complete with names:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, most of them had berets but there are two with helmets. Tom and Tim are twins and they are new to the unit so they have been given helmets so that everyone knows who they are in a firefight and they can be watched. Tom is also the unit medic because he's a junior and no one else wanted to do it. The boss, Bill, is a berserker who is very experienced and has a fighting Mastiff that counts as a close combat weapon. Meat has been beefed up around the neck because he is always lugging his trusty meltagun around with him.

The drones that will be used for this unit are from Anvil Industries and are AERIAL and GROUND.

From what I understand, the unit will form part of an Imperial Guard army... but I'm not sure. 

They have already been sent off and I hope that the guy who commissioned them has as much fun painting them, as I had making them.

See you from the rocking chair on the porch!

6 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

Well done! Question though: where'd you get that little bulldog mini?

Inso said...

It is from the Mantic Kings of War, Dwarf Iron Clad regiment.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/dwarfs/product/dwarf-ironclad-regiment-20-figures.html

(you'll probably need to copy and paste).

Anonymous said...

Thanks so so much pal!

Inso said...

No worries. It was a fun little project :)

Stephen said...

Cracking 😋

Da Masta Cheef said...

Awesome, thanks!