Sunday 5 October 2014

It's the little things in life...

Welcome to this week's update and especially to Flo, the newest traveller to join our merry ranks. I hope you enjoy the trip and remember to share your thoughts.

So another week has gone by and it has been another week of sleepless nights but it hasn't all been bad.

I was presented with a certificate for 'Loyalty' and my nomination for last weeks special award evening... so at least I now have a momento of the event (which is nice). I have been making headway in the 'going away' administration so that has helped a bit. I've been very busy at work and have also managed to get a short run in as well... so it has been quite productive, even without too much sleep.

On the hobby side, I have finally given in to the dark side and ordered some of the little gun tractors from Anvil Industries. These are the ones I have gone for:


Click the Pic!

I have ordered a pack of five with howitzers and hopefully, they will stir me back into life with the Squat squads because these will need some firers/loaders to go with them. I plan on these being the heavy weapon in a weapon team in a similar way to the Imperial Guard weapon teams (except I will have the miniatures on separate bases).

In other hobby related news, the sculpting competition that finished in 2012 is nearing fruition... and my submission, Ther'ule, is in the winners pack. Here is a link to the Forum of Doom for more information:


And here is the winners pack:


Click the Pic!

Ther'ule is the one to the left of 'WINNERS MOULD'. I am happy, as I have said before, that she is in metal now but also happy that she was a 'Hasslefree Choice' even if she wasn't an actual winner.

As a biproduct of the competition, I was given a voucher to spend at Hasslefree Miniatures and have gone for the five eight and Roddy... which will no doubt be making an appearance at some point on here.

The Unofficial Diorama of Doom 2014 is picking up pace now; with five entries so far. If you fancy a go at the competition, pop along and give it a go. Here is a link to the WIP topic:


And here is a link to the rules (if you fancy giving it a go:


It's only a bit of fun after all.

Finally... there has been a loss to the Squat community. The Engineseer that I started was 'all wrong' so I clipped him off the base and sent him to the funeral halls... OK... I put him in the bin... but I did start again and am happier with the bulk/pose/proportions now. I have also been tinkering a little bit with the hover bike and have started another hover type thing that may prove to be helpful to other factions, depending how things go. Here is a WIP shot of 'STUFF':


Click the Pic!

On the top left we have an Ainsty Castings buggy with a WIP hover skirt. To the right of that is the start of an intake turbine for the hover buggy. Next is the bike with added side pods (round-mover components from a VOTOMs kit) and finally, there is a padded out armature for the Engineseer. The buggy will be gitting three add-ons: a skirt, an intake pod and a propulsion pod. Each will be separate components. I hope that they will be cast up as well as the bike so I have more hover options... but we'll just have to see.

Well, I think that is about it for now. I hope you have a great week and I hope to see you here next week.

See you from the pinnacle of light!

No comments: