Sunday 22 September 2013

I see a Dragon.

Well, this has been a week of chopping up plasticard and filling holes and it has nothing to do with Command transports for my Tunnel Fighters. I have been 'tinkering' with my little aircraft and have got to a point where there will need to be a lot of sanding... so as you can imagine, there is very little of interest to show off that doesn't just give a general impression of shape.

In amongst the plasticard work, I have had the urge to start a little painting again so I had a bit of a rummage in my cupboard and found a rather interesting miniature that would fit into the Reptiliad setting. It is a machine of some sort... a mechanical golem maybe. Who knows? I think it could have been made by a Dwarf smith and powered by some power-stone even. Well... as it happens, digging the 'golem' out of the cupboard got me looking at the dragon again so I threw a bit more paint on that too...


Click the Pic!

There are two things to note... they are both WIP and they both have a way to go.

The golem is a bit of a strange mini but I can see him accompanying a Dragon Slayer who controls it with some sort of mystic gift from the Mhurni (I haven't really thought about it too much at the moment but there is a seed of an idea there).

The dragon is at a point where I am going to have to make a difficult decision... do I highlight the darker scales or leave them as they are? It is a tough one because highlighting them will look good but the thought of 'dotting' all those scales individually is a bit of a daunting experience. I may well finish the rest of the dragon and worry the decision at the end... 

In other news, Iron Man 3 is now out on DVD; which is nice.

I have put in an order with Puppets War for a few of their 'Air Strikers' and some alternative heads. It is a joint order to split some packs with a mate so it is a good way to sample the products without breaking the bank... especially because I have plans for the jet packs if they are the correct size... but that is another story for another time.

And so another week came to pass... another week that inevitably drags us all towards Christmas.

See you from the cellar under the secret room!

No comments: