Sunday 18 August 2013

A different way of looking at things.

Over the last few months, I have been a little bit fed up with the hobby but have kept trying to find different ways of looking at things to try and maintain some sort of interest going.

Now... I have been on holiday and have relaxed and returned to Dragon parcels and all manner of other distractions but when all is said and done... maybe I just needed a different way of looking at things:


Click the Pic!

... so maybe me doing headstands on holiday showed me the right way to approach things. 

A bit waffly, I know but I am getting to the point.

I am sure you are aware of my Grymn Tunnel Fighter project... it has, after all, occupied a couple of years of my time. Well, I have dug some of the Clankers out of the cupboard and have been working on them this weekend. I was hoping to have them fully painted but I still have a small amount to go... here they are so far:


Click the Pic!

I know it is a bit of a change but sometimes things just choose their own path and I think this is one of those times.

I am not promising anything... but it seems that my sci-fi muse is calling again. It also seems that the apple never falls far from the tree!

In other news, I have been running again and have added a few exercises into the mix in a bid to get rid of my cider and cream-tea podge and also to improve my fitness again. As a result, I am feeling a little jaded but much better about things. It is funny how a bit of exercise can be painful but invigorating... maybe that is the reason the Clankers came out of the cupboard! Who knows?

See you from the commander's chair!

2 comments:

A Wrong Man said...

I have been a bit poor on the old blog front of recent times, but your constant plugging away has reignited my enthusiasm for them!

Keep it going chap! Positive endorphins and all! ;oD

Inso said...

It's all about habit and the fact I can talk about anything without ACTUALLY having to make any progress on things :).

I only have the bases to paint and the gun shields to sort out (they are painted slightly differently to the other two units and need adjusting to fit in) and they will be finished.

I'm not sure what will be next... fantasy or sci-fi... Hmmm...