Sunday 17 March 2013

Sunday's post-dinner post

Before I start the post proper, I'd like to welcome cedric mauville to Inso's World. Welcome aboard and I hope you take the time to explore the gardens and share your thoughts.

It has been a long week this week. I was all up for painting Mondrians but the backlash against the green sort of dampened my enthusiasm... so I decided to convert and paint a couple of traders instead:


Click the Pic!

I also decided that the original trooper was going to be their bodyguard so that I could paint the troopers in a fairly uniform way (without using green). That means that I had to have a reason for the green on the trooper and it occurred to me that the green was so unpopular that it could be the colour of punishment. That would also explain his attachment to the traders... he has to serve a time of penitence for some crime or other.

While on the Mondrian project...

...I was over at TMP when I noticed a POST that reviewed some Domes and scenery from Scotia Grendel. Now, I have known that these have been available for ages but I have never seen them as nicely painted as these before (These are not painted by me):


Click the Pic!

So it got me thinking that these would be perfect for Grymn because they are quite small scaled compared to modern miniatures... so they would be perfect for a small, Mondrian trader's outpost. At the moment, I am waiting for an Ebay bid to reach fruition before I can decide whether to get some of these or not... but it is in my head now so it will happen at some point.

Did I mention E-Bay? well I have got a few bids on a few kits but I am not saying anything until the auction is over... but they are fun items.

Fun items? Mondrians are traders and they need to get their kit about... so what better than a buggy with a trailer to do just that? It seems that the Ainsty Castings buggies that I bought at Overlord will be put to good use as Mondrian trader's vehicles. I am in the process of assembling and converting them at the moment so there will be more news on those later. I also hope to source a few manual labour robots to help the traders lift and carry... but I haven't found what I am looking for so the feelers are out and I have had some great suggestions... but the perfect one hasn't been found.

And finally, I have dug out another pair of heavy infantry to go with the Mondrians (one is a copy of the trooper that has been removed) so I will have eleven troops in all... plenty. I have also finished base-coating and putting the wash on the Enforcer's anti-grav vehicle... but it looks dirty and unloved at the moment so I will wait to show pictures.

Well... that is it for today. Enjoy the week and I'll be back next Sunday.

See you from the Millenium Falcon as it makes the jump to light speed!

No comments: