Sunday 24 March 2013

A busy Sunday post

Well, a lot has happened this week. As you will have seen from my last post, Kev Adams was seriously assaulted in his own home. Fortunately, he was well enough to return home but is seriously battered and bruised and will need surgery to repair his cheek bones once all of the swelling dies down.

This assault has caused a bit of a backlash and as a result, various people have got together to raise some money to soften the blow and at least raise enough for a new laptop to replace the one that was stolen.

Click this Facebook LINK for further details.

With this in mind, I have thrown my hat into the ring and am sculpting a Goblin and here is the WIP (along with Thor... a commission piece):


Click the Pic!

Still a way to go but it is a start. I need to get the Goblin finished quickly so that it can go away for casting before Salute... so it will be getting more work later today (it is drying at the moment).

In other news... Charmmy has taken her first steps outside:


Click the Pic!

She is still very small for her age but has had her jabs and is allowed out now... but finding a tiny collar is proving difficult so it is with supervision at the moment so that she doesn't run off.

So... Let's talk about Grymn powered armour. As you know, I was sent a Grymn in powered armour from Hasslefree Miniatures. Well... that wasn't the whole story because I ended up being sent three. So the single miniature was soon joined by these:


Click the Pic!

Obviously, I was keen to get painting and I quickly ended up with a colour scheme:


Click the Pic!

Once I was happy, I applied the same scheme to the other two:


Click the Pic!

I have left the shoulder pads grey at the moment because I will be adding some decals once I have a few more Grymn in powered armour to join them. These are destined for their own platoon that will join the Urban Army when they are finished.

So... in a couple of weeks Salute will be happening. I will be there working on the Hasslefree Miniatures stand this year and will be happy not to be straying very far because I can see where my money is going this year (see pix above!). I have bought a ticket (so I can get the entry goodies) but will be helping to set up on the evening before this year... Kev and Sally will be leaving the helpers to run the stand this year as they will be in the USA at another show. It is a shame that they won't be at Salute but the offer of a US trip for the family was too good for them to turn down.

In other news... after selling a bunch of stuff, I have a little bit of a slush-fund sitting in my Pay-Pal account so I am guilt free when I visit E-Bay. As a result, I have a couple of kits on the way for a really cheap price and still have cash to play with... so look out E-bay! Once the kits arrive, I will show them off but one of them will fit in very nicely with another of my projects.

On a completely different note, I replaced a lost poetry book today. I had a small, pocket-sized, war poetry book that was dear to me but I have managed to lose it. As a result, I have had to replace it so I bought a slightly larger tome with most of the poems from the original book with many more besides. It is a testament to the many authors that a poem can say so much more than a story ever could and everyone should at least read a few poems in their life... it adds colour and vibrancy to words.

I think that is about it for today.

See you from the chair, next to the table, beside the PC!

2 comments:

Rovanite said...

Awesome paint work on those Grymn!!

Inso said...

Cheers :)