Tuesday 18 December 2012

Tuesday...Hammer Time.

I thought that I would avoid the diorama today so I continued to paint my Forgefathers. I have nearly finished them but I don't have any pics... but along the same lines, this turned up:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, I have received my Dread-ball order and have decided to arm them with hammers. The one at the bottom of the above pic is next to a standard trooper to give an idea of scale. After a bit of clean up and a small amount of conversion, I ended up with these:


Click the Pic!

They are almost finished but I have just found out that a mystery component on the Forgefather sprue is a power cable for the hammers so I may end up adding some of those before I paint these. 

I think that the new miniatures will be Chemically Enhanced Assault Troops (CE-ATs); that will explain the smaller heads and beefier arms/legs. They are berserks that just charge forward and hit things... pretty simple.

See you from the spray booth!

2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Great idea and concept. They look good so far

Inso said...

Cheers!

Let's hope I can paint them OK :D!