Sunday 8 July 2012

Another Sunday.

Before I start today's post, I'd like to welcome Maj. Diz Aster to Inso's World. I hope that you find something of interest as you stroll around the paths and feel free to comment on posts.

This has been another slow week, I'm afraid. Visits to college, family fun (and family trials), a dead gold fish (that we had taken to Cornwall, Northern Ireland and Oxford on our travels), shopping in torrential rain to get more goldfish... of which one didn't make the transfer from shop to our tank...

On the plus side, I received my little parcel from Hasslefree miniatures and have now started my competition conversion:


Actual pic Size!

As you can see, I have only just started the conversion work but I thought I'd get a pic to prove that I started out with the base model because she will be completely covered when I am finished. I am saying no more about her other than she will be sci-fi.

Next we have a small amount of progress on the second Space Dwarf:


Click the Pic!

Again, not a lot of progress but I have added boobs (which will be completely covered) so that I can gauge proportions, some knee pads and have started detailing the boots. 

I have been adding a bit of putty to my GW (Grekwood) sculpt and he is starting to take shape:


Click the Pic!

I have also been making good progress on the gizzit I am making for a friend at work:


Click the Pic!

I have been focusing on his face with a view to getting it finished before finishing the boring stuff. It is very hard to get just right but I am close. I need to add bulk to the top of his head, then add ears and then I'll be happy that I can continue. I have until 26th July to finish this (including paint, wooden base and etched plaque...) so it is my main focus at the moment. I am relying on my painting skills to cover up the abnormalities!!!

Finally, I have been adding to the other commission (no pix... it is secret) and that is progressing as well. Most of the work on all of the sculpting has been done today so I am quite pleased with the results so far. I still have a few hours yet!

Well... that is about it. I have places to go and things to do.

See you from the dog-leg trench!

2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

looking good. Will be interested to see what you come up with

Rovanite said...

Nice progress on everything there so far! I can't wait to see them all finished :)