Friday 18 May 2012

Just ten more to go!

Only ten more troops to varnish and the foot-sloggers for the Tunnel Fighter army will be finished.

Add to that the fact that I have started to lay down putty onto an armature and dig out all of my Vulkan battle suits to prepare for assembly and it would appear, at first glance, that the hobby has kick started again.

I guess I just had a subconscious urge to get the cupboard emptied again before I got too far ahead of myself. Add to that the worries I have with paint now that the GW range has changed and maybe, I just needed a small break.

What am I sculpting?

At the moment, I am bulking out a 5-inch tall armature with some Milliput that will become a caricature of a work colleague. He will be wearing plus-fours and will be sporting a shotgun. Once I have finished, I'll post some pix.

My current plan is a simple one:

  • Finish the first sculpt
  • Finish a second  caricature sculpt (a cyclist in lycra...don't ask!)
  • Finish a sculpt promised to a friend (well...start and finish it, really!)
  • Finish a commission sculpt for a games-designer
  • Clean-up and assemble/convert 15 Vulkan Battlesuits to add to the Clankers in my Tunnel Fighter arm
As you can see...no painting. I think I need to focus on other things for the moment. I could make all sorts of plans but at the moment, I want to really keep things simple so that I don't get distracted. As a result, the sculpting will be done 'one-at-a-time' rather than starting them all and have them stare at me! The Vulkans can tick along in between to keep me busy while the putty dries.

It is good to be back in the hobby seat.

See you from the captain's chair!

No comments: