Saturday 28 April 2012

The early bird.

...wakes up before it is light and ends up getting out of bed at 05:30hrs because he just can't lie there any more.

That means, I guess, that I have a good couple of hours before the rest of my family join me so I thought it would be a good time to get some painting done...

WRONG!

Some sculpting then?

WRONG!

What could I do if those two were not on the agenda?

Assemble 'Ninja':


Click the Pic!

It is at times like this that I realise I am in the right profession. I always like to think that painting and sculpting is what I'd rather be doing than being an aircraft technician. But your body sometimes tells you what it would rather do and when everything else is off the cards, it reverts to what it knows best and in this case it is building stuff that needs work before putting it together. Every piece needs a bit of fettling to remove a slight mould line or get a nice flat surface and then there is the drilling and pinning... so back to my roots.

Ninja was an experiment to see how mobile I could make him look. It also gave me an opportunity to see how the guns looked and to be honest, the larger of the two guns was MASSIVE so I decided to opt for just the smaller one and the shoulder rockets. Like before, I have left off the rocket plates from the shoulders  to allow the perceived space for a Grymn in there and I've also put the groin plate in place... but according to the creator, the groin plate is a butt plate and I put it together wrong. Seeing as I've done it once, I'll keep doing it otherwise things will get daft.

Ninja will be black with red accents.

Oh... and in case you were wondering, Optimus isn't finished yet. I will be adding highlights and a few choice decals/free-hand markings.

see you from the tip of the iceberg!

2 comments:

Bagpuss said...

Must be something in the air - I was up at 5 this morning. Great pose on that new mech. Looking forward to the third.

Inso said...

It's no fun is it?

The third mech will be along soon...but I am distracted by something different at the moment :).