Sunday 23 October 2011

Tumble weed...

As promised earlier this week, this update will be very sparse due to that dreaded thing called 'work' getting in the way.

That said, I would like to welcome our newest follower Idaoh. Welcome to Inso's World and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Since Sharrak got posted, I have not managed to get very much sculpting done so there isn't going to be pictorial evidence of anything to show.

I have had a bit of an up and down week with sleep, work and sculpting so I am quite happy with my output and am not disheartened. Today is just a consolidation day.

What has happened in the hobby world this week? Well, I have been looking through my cupboards and have looked at a bunch of part completed sculpts that have languished, unfinished, for far too long. I decided that I needed to dig them out and either finish them or bin them so a few got binned and a few got put on the sculpting table for completion. I did leave some in the cupboards due to their subject matter being part of a larger project but I have definitely cleared the decks a bit.

During the week, I ordered the Marvel Encyclopaedia from Amazon and it turned up on Friday so I have been browsing through it. I was quite impressed so I have ordered the DC version to accompany it.

On the subject of DC, I watched The Green Lantern yesterday and thought it was pretty cool...more for the aliens and special effects than anything else...but a good way to spend a couple of hours.

I have been thinking about The Star League and have managed to tie some of my old sculpts in to the group. Not all of them will be Grymn sized but there is definitely going to be a weird selection...

...ideas include Lizard Men, a female (alien) Dr. Octopus, a small alien in powered armour and much more besides.

The Super-Soldier program is also ticking along slowly. Puck has now got arms so all he needs now is hands and a head. I will be thinking about building the armature for the next one soon...probably Iron Man but it may end up a less fiddly one...it depends on how I feel.

The human scaled Beast now has feet but needs quite a bit of tidying up. He was started a while ago and some of his surfaces are 'rustic'. Lots of messing about required to smooth things over.

Well...there you have it. A rather disjointed post but there is quite a bit of stuff in there. I doubt if I will be getting any further hobby work done today because I have a lot of homework to sort out...but you never know!

See you from behind that thing...over there...just outside your peripheral vision!

No comments: