Thursday 10 February 2011

The Lord has arrived...

...The Beetle-Bot Lord, that is...

but before I go into all that, I'd like to welcome Freakazoid and Oddleg to the blog...WELCOME! Hopefully, I'll keep the momentum going so that you have something to keep you interested on you stroll around Inso's World.

So...Beetle-Bot Lord...

Click the Pic!

I have probably gone as far with the Lord as I am planning to. He is armed with my more military interpretation of a Staff-of-Light (a Gauss weapon that can be fired like a gun and also used in close combat). I know it looks more like an assault cannon...but I can cope with that :).

I have deliberately made him more stocky and imposing because the stats for a Necron Lord reflect it. I await your judgement :).

I did a really bad thing today. I'm not proud of it. It was just one of those things I felt compelled to do. I usually call it 'scratching an itch' but on this occasion I'd call it...

...going into a Games Workshop and buying a Blood Angel's dreadnought.

I have a plan you see...another distraction...a small group of miniatures a bit like my Starship Crew but more...Neo-Soviet. The Dreadnought will make a cracking centrepiece (once I have converted it...you didn't for one moment expect me to just assemble it, did you?) and I have a few miniatures in mind to act as the troop side of things. I will add a vehicle or two so that the little group looks like it is self sufficient enough to survive in a post apocalyptic world. There will obviously be Grymn involved and maybe a few Beetle-Bots (not of the grey, army type...more of the civilian working type).

So...more stuff to ruin my current muse!

See you as I surface for the second time!


3 comments:

Ajsalium said...

You do know that you're making so many beetle-bots that they must rebel, don't you?

Inso said...

...you never know...

...resistance is futile...

...resistance is futile...

...resistance is futile...

...resistance is futile...

...........

The Angry Lurker said...

I'm with you on the neo soviet ride.