Sunday 9 January 2011

Where has the week gone?

Before I start this week's update, let me welcome our two newest followers; Dags and myincubliss...WELCOME! I hope that you enjoy your stay here but be careful not to put your hands in the water...

This week has been a week of going back to work, straight onto night shifts. That means that I have been well and truly thrown out by life and have not really been in a fit state for my hobby stuff.

I have stared at the Necron box...
I have almost painted some Grymn...
I have almost built a drop-ship...
I have nearly converted another Grymn squad...

...but all I have actually achieved is to undercoat a squad of tunnel fighters and make a cardboard box.

That said...it is a very important cardboard box. the box in question represents a half scale stowage area for four Glaive APCs. What that means is that the drop-ship has started to take on a physical presence in the world.

The idea is to make up a half scale mock-up of the drop-ship so that I can turn it around and around and stare at it until I am happy with the design...or need to change things. I have some thin card and cereal boxes to build the thing...now all I need is the enthusiasm. It will be interesting to see if my 2D plans turn into a 3D masterpiece...or a 3D monstrosity!

I am on reasonable shifts this week so I hope to have a bit of time to get a bit of hobby stuff in motion.

I want to get some sculpting started again (if I can), finish off the last two squads for my Tunnel Fighters and tick along with the drop-ship as my main priorities so we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out :).

Next weekend is very special...Sunday, you'll fin out why :).

See you through the window!

No comments: