Sunday 19 December 2010

What?...Already?

There I was, sat down, minding my own business, when my wife says...

"Are you going to have anything for your blog tonight?"

For the first time in a complete age, I had forgotten it was Sunday and that means blog day!

So it is with port in hand and a positive thought, that I am now updating Inso's World.

It has been a long time since I have actually managed to complete any sculpting to any decent level. I have been able to throw together quick sculpts on the pilot's arms in my Votoms mechs...but they were very simply detailed and took a few moments...they didn't really need to be seen after all...

So it was with great trepidation (and a lot of fidgeting) that I took the plunge yesterday and started the latest squad of Tunnel Fighters...and I have just finished converting them a few moments ago :). These are the nine Grymn members of the latest Tunnel Fighter squad and they will join their (already) complete comms droid when they are finished and painted:

Click the Pic!

They are another basic squad and they will be the eighth squad in the army (with the exception of the command squad). I'm really glad they came out okay as I am desperate for something to paint that doesn't mean starting a new project...and I am in the right frame of mind for painting Grymn.

It has been snowing here...about 5 inches. It is very nice to look out of the window on a crisp, white world. It isn't so nice thinking that I am going to have to brave the roads to go and get some food shopping done over the next couple of days...I'll take my son and it will be a bit of an adventure...I guess...

I have been thinking about two things recently...my drop-ship and a giant war-walker (a bit like a GW titan...but more sci-fi looking). Both ideas have a lot of design work living in my mind but neither of them are completely sorted enough for me to embark on the cutting and glueing yet. Maybe I'll start something soon but in the mean time, I will be thinking a lot about where to start, what they'll look like and how I am going to build them...whether or not they will be modular enough to replicate through resin casting as well...

Well...seeing as I am pretty snow bound, am on holiday and have plenty of time to relax, I expect that there will be a few more posts pretty soon...

See you through the blizzard!

2 comments:

Brandlin said...

Your dedication to posting on schedule is admirable Inso and puts my own efforts to shame!

Good to see no silly walking robot mechs on your blog this week though :)

Inso said...

I can't promise it won't happen again though ;)...

...I am so looking forward to painting a few Grymn though...