Wednesday 1 September 2010

Three...Two...One...AAAAND I'm back in the room :)

What an interesting time I've had over the last few days...

Monday, queued for a baggage truck at 08-00...finally got to load it at 09-15. Jumped on the coach to a staging post...got there 4 hours later...waited for a further 7 hours during which time we unloaded the baggage truck, emptied all of our bags for security checks, re-packed them and re-loaded them...then we jumped on another coach for the hour's trip to the airport...where we waited for a further 3 hours (by now it was 04-00 on Tuesday morning...local time) before jumping on the plane, flying for 8 or 9 hours to arrive in Blighty...where we picked up our bags and waited for an hour for the bus drivers to have their lunch before a 2 hour trip back to camp...where we off-loaded all of the bags and sorted out a bit of administration before going home...which took ten minutes :).

I am officially back home!

It is great to breathe the moist, dense air of England again. It is great to drink PG Tips tea with pasteurised milk (instead of UHT). It is great to sleep in my own bed. I would go as far to say that it is just great to be home.

...and to think...I'm back to Africa in February/March...

See you through bleary, sleep filled eyes!

3 comments:

Brandlin said...

Welcome back Inso. Missed having your grymness around the place.

Le snot à barbe said...

Welcome back home, alan. Now you can go to actual work, paint some minis !

Inso said...

Cheers! (I'm Steve by the way ;) ).

As for painting, I haven't even unpacked my paints yet...

...but I have another 9 tunnel-fighters sat on my table, waiting for green stuff to be added...and another 12 on the way from HF...not to mention the robots from GZG to go with them...

It is good to be back to normality :)

...and I've started to learn the Ukulele :)