Wednesday 8 September 2010

A mid-week distraction...

From what I understand, a plan never survives contact with the enemy and the same can be same for painting plans not surviving the release schedule of certain miniatures companies...

The other day I was trawling the forums (as you do) and I saw that Fenris Games had finally released the Ogre-sized, fish-men to go with their deep-ones range...I have been waiting to get my hands on these since I first saw the WIP pix of them so I immediately ordered a set of masters...and I wasn't disappointed. There are two of these, one is a shark man and the other has pre-historic leanings...here is the latter:

Click the Pic!

I painted this one with a gun-metal base coat and just added washes to get the fishy/metallic look to him. The Grymn in the last pic is to show how big the fish-man is...

...On to other things and I have now under-coated the Grymn squad and aerial drones and the only reason I haven't started painting them is that the fish-man jumped the painting queue. To go with the Grymn theme, my latest order from Hasslefree Miniatures arrived today so I now have enough miniatures for another tunnel-fighter squad, the drone operator and a stretcher party...which is good :). The second fish-man is in the process of assembly too...so I haven't been idle.

I am now the owner of a Ukulele, a couple of song-books and a digital tuner so I have been embarking on the 'learning chords' trail...I have played the guitar, piano and penny-whistle before (self taught and I can't read music :( ) so I think I am doing OK and making good progress...my finger tips are quite sore if nothing else!!! The digital tuner was a miracle...it is only when you actually tune an instrument correctly that you realise how out of tune it was before...lesson learned there!

So...Grymn first, drones second, shark-man third I think :)...

See you through the knot-weed!


2 comments:

Rob Bresnen said...

Hi inso
That metalic/ink thing works really well for this mini. I have never heared of that before, but that is an idea I might have to try out/rip off.
Also, I didn't know about this range of minis, so thanks for teh heads up. I am off to check them out. Keep it up.

Inso said...

Thanks :). The Fenris range of deep-ones can be found here and it includes how to order them too:

http://www.fenrisgames.com/latestnews.html

I wanted these from the first moment I saw them and have the complete set of 10 now...only one painted though ;)...