Wednesday 21 April 2010

Busy Wednesday.

Before I start, I'd like to welcome Justin Zimmerman and CJP to my blog. What better way to start your time here than to have a look at a few progress pix :).

...So I said that I had the last of the Grymn Tunnel Fighters nearly finished? Well now they are done. I had to paint ten troops and then put the whole army so far into squads. Once I had done that I had to add all of the shoulder markings...so here are some pix of the fifty four members of the army so far:

Click the Pic!

This pic will end up a bit bigger when you click it:

Click the Pic!

At the moment, these are all of the basic troops that I plan to have. I can now focus on getting the command squad finished along with all of the support robots that I am planning...not to mention the transport vehicles...and I have just started putting together some powered armour troops...

What is 11mm tall, bulky and in need of weapons? You guessed it...it is the humble Space Dwarf. With them in mind, I made up a special stamp for trying to get some weapons made and have come up with a strip of pressed weapons. I now have to remove them from their backing and see how they look. so far, they look a little 'soft' on the detail front but I reckon that a bit of jigging will sort them out. It is the first time I have tried making stamped out weapons so it is a learning curve and I'll need to learn the technique...but in the big scheme of things, I have made a little progress with the 15mm Space Dwarfs so it can't be a bad thing...can it?

I don't know what tomorrow will bring...maybe Grymn, maybe Dwarfs, maybe even Kindred...who knows?

See you through the stained glass window!

No comments: