Friday 1 January 2010

The First...Again...

The start of another year; this time 2010.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Before we start, I never make resolutions because a plan never survives contact with the enemy and fate has always been a cruel adversity for my plans.

I'd like to say that I had a great night, filled with merriment and song but instead I watched a DVD and missed the chimes of Big Ben.

This year is the year of the Tiger (traditionally a year of meeting challenges through vigor, hard work, and exciting changes) which is rather ironic for me. I am part of a Tiger Squadron in the RAF, the unit has just moved to a new location, it will be starting a completely new system of work as of the 4th January and I start my new job on the same day...I guess it means lots of hard work for me!

One thing I like to do at the beginning of the year is to reflect on what has happened over the last one and to be frank, I'll be glad to see the back of 2009.

I look forward to 2010 and hope that it is a darn sight better than the last one.

I know...a bit melancholy today...but if you start at the bottom, the only way is up.

See you through the mist of time!

No comments: